We all want our website to run faster. It raises our SERP rankings and reduces our bounce rate. Here are 5 very common issues that when addressed will help in speeding up your WordPress website.
- Your images are too large. Use the smallest size possible to cover different platforms. Lazyload is also good – only loads images as they are going to be viewed and not before.
- You may be running a video from your own hosting – DON’T! Use YouTube links or Vimeo etc. This uses much less of your website’s processing power.
- Your PHP on the server may be old. Use the most modern version possible.
- Too many plugins. They all have to be run before your website loads. Slows your website down a lot.
- Get a good cache plugin. First-time loading is still slow but after that, there is information stored on their device which makes loading almost instantaneous.
Another Thing to Do For Speeding Up Your WordPress Website:
Use Google’s Page Insights before starting. This can give you a heads up on what are your most important issues and how to address them
use our contact form
Remember if looking for SEO services we do have a free website audit tool that you can use to test how your website performs.